Thursday, April 2, 2015

Dormant Dragon

     Currently I have taken a hobby in my extra time to draw sleeping dragons. My friend asked me why I was so interested in drawing dormant dragons. I had not come aware that every dragon I was drawing was usually asleep, until he had pointed it out to me. So I sat there for awhile acknowledging his question before I came to my own realization as to why I had decided to draw only dormant dragons. Now my analogy is not the best but it works for me.
     Dragons in the magical world are symbolized as strong majestic creatures. We are the dragons in the real world. They are sleeping because we never fully become aware of our surroundings. We are blinded by stereotypes, beliefs , and allow others to do the decision making for us. But a dragon will never stay asleep, eventually it will wake up when his/her beliefs are stepped on. It is at this moment when one feels the power and strength of the dragon. This knowledge is felt among others and the dragon then is noticed. But until then the dragon continues sleeping. And that's why i draw dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment