Thursday, April 30, 2015

Reflecting Back

Immigration wise, I did not learn more about laws in Arizona State as it was my main priority goal. If I would have had more time, I would have enjoyed having that opportunity but I can always do my own research. Without realizing it though I have become more confident on myself not second guessing every decision I made.
I have come a far ways from where I began. I recall the first week where I questioned myself if I was good enough since I held no legal knowledge or background on immigration laws (besides the basics). Being resourceful was one of my main goals to achieve, and it was being resourceful that assisted me in learning quickly and adapting to my new environment. I learned which post offices were open late, that came handy for over night deliver of packages, learned to maneuver  through different municipal courts around the area. This helped me open myself up and be more outspoken (of course being polite, never rude). Each day, was a new experience, that pushed me out of my comfort zone, and I learned the importance of asking for help is part of being resourceful. With the correct guidance I was able to achieve the tasks that were given at hand.Even though the internship lasted for a few months, I learned so much and it was difficult for me to say farewell as I continue my educational path, but I was very grateful that I was given an opportunity when they knew I had no Legal experience. It was this opportunity that I pushed myself to be the best I could to ensure not to fail them nor myself. And I enjoyed every challenge, and every moment I spend in the office.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Diana, I went through a similar experience at my internship. Before I was barely able to navigate our AIMS data base or even talk to people over the phone, but over the past couple of months similarly to you, I grew in confidence and intangible knowledge and in the end I really started to feel like I was apart of the public work force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,
    Immigration is a topic that even if you would have learned all you could, policies and actions will still change drastically with the wait of the lift of the freeze in the President's Executive Action. Don't be discouraged, on a positive note, this internship will look great on your resume because our state requires for this knowledge to be told, understood and carried out. Good luck to you and I am happy you have grown so much since the start of this internship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana,
    Immigration is a topic that even if you would have learned all you could, policies and actions will still change drastically with the wait of the lift of the freeze in the President's Executive Action. Don't be discouraged, on a positive note, this internship will look great on your resume because our state requires for this knowledge to be told, understood and carried out. Good luck to you and I am happy you have grown so much since the start of this internship.

    ReplyDelete