Thursday, April 30, 2015

Downtown Career Fair

The Downtown Career Fair on March 25 provided a diverse selection of organizations. This time before showing up to the downtown career fair I did my background research for the organizations I was highly interested in. I also showed up half an hour early because I had never been inside the Sun Devil Fitness complex. Knowing ahead of time exactly which stands you want to attend, and having questions set ahead of time demonstrates to recruiters; commitment to their organizations.

This time around I managed my time effectively, giving me enough time to visit other stands to see what else was out there. I am one that avoids stands where people  look like they don't want to be there. But there was many stands where the recruiters were really welcoming and provided answers as best as they could, while also referring me to websites where I could get in contact with individuals that could give me a more in depth response. These last two months I have been debating with myself whether to apply for job opportunity in China, but after speaking with a representative from FBI sector in analyze I learned that it is a job opportunity I should take, if I want to be able to compete for a job in the analyze sector. I highly recommend for students to attend career fairs before their senior year, as I should have since the resources were there. But it is never to late either.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Diana, I have attended a few career fairs myself and as you had stated it is a great idea to o your research ahead of time in order to know what organizations you really want to go for. Employers love a person that will take initiative and I am sure that you know that already. Good luck in your future endeavors, I am sure that you will be successful in whatever opportunity that you end up landing on.

    ReplyDelete